The YEARS Project (YEARS), a non-profit, multi-platform communications effort designed to inform, empower and unite the world in the face of climate change, is seeking a Chief Business Operations Officer to manage its financial operations.
Specifically, the candidate filling the position will:
- Report to the YEARS founders and coordinate business activities with them;
- Liaise with YEARS’ funding community to provide materials as needed (including providing written verifications of tax-deductible donations as they come in);
- Manage the business side of YEARS as a non-profit entity (a publicly supported charity);
- Work with the YEARS bookkeeper to manage accounts and to create and execute a tax planning strategy;
- Provide guidance on best business practices of a public charity;
- Search for and engage a new and suitable accounting firm;
- Liaise with the YEARS legal teams and new accounting firm as needed.
This would be a part-time position (amount of hours to be determined) based in New York City with flexibility to work from home some of the time. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
Requirements: Masters of Business Administration and a minimum of five years of business experience (preferably running the business operations of a non-profit organization with an annual operating budget of $2M or more).
THE YEARS PROJECT is a team of former 60 Minutes producers who have won a combined 13 Emmy Awards. We created the climate TV series YEARS OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY, which set the standard for climate storytelling on television. Now we are doing the same on social media. In 2018 we produced one to two short-form social media videos every day, the average of which netted 3.9 million views. We have the largest social following of any environmental group except Greenpeace, and a partner network with a reach of more than 230 million. In 2018, the videos we released on social media have gotten 500 million views. Next year, we anticipate our content to get more than a billion views.
Come join us to make that happen. Because the story has to be told. Now.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Operations” followed by your last name.Share This