It’s more urgent than ever that we take action against climate change. This week, make a plan for how you’re going to do your part. It could be something social, like joining a grassroots group that’s working on climate solutions in your area. It could be something political, like committing yourself to calling your elected officials. Or it could be something personal, like biking more instead of driving or starting a compost bin.
Here are some more suggestions for climate resolutions:
- Eat fewer animal products, particularly beef
- Switch your utility to one that buys only renewable energy
- Plan a vacation that doesn’t require flying
- Write to your local public officials and ask them to make climate change a priority
- Make a plan to cut down on food waste around the house
- Support climate candidates in local and national elections
- Volunteer for an organization that works with people who are impacted by climate disasters
Above all, pick something you feel confident is achievable. Together, we can make 2018 a big turning point for the climate movement.